Got My Cursor @ 123Cursors.com

Tales of the Artist's Mosh Pit

Welcome to the inner depths of my mind; a collection of the everyday stories, laughs, music, photos, and art that makes up the Schwa. Hope you enjoy the view!
"The world today doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?"-Picasso

Friday, September 24, 2010

Floodwater Fail

Hallelujah!

My K2 Cinch Vette Bindings came today, along with my awesomelicious DC bag (for my baby, so it won't get scratched). They are BEAUTIFUL... I can't WAIT for the powder. I don't think I'll ever go back to regular strap-in bindings.... the reclining hi-back is bomb, bomb, bomb, BOMB. AH! Plus, this is the first time I mounted them myself, like a big girl :) Pretty proud of me, using a big Dewalt (?) Drill and all.

Anyways, today was a fatal fail for me. I woke up at 6:30 and showered and got all dressed (you have to make it count on Fridays) and I was about to make my hair 'sessay' (quote-What Not To Wear) when THE POWER WENT OUT. Yes, at 7:20 this morning the power went out in my house. My coffee stopped brewing, my straightener wouldn't heat, and I couldn't put any mascara on in the dark for fear of poking out my eyeball. So I sat on the couch with my dog and waited.

About fifteen minutes later, the power came back (THANKFULLY!). So I started finishing up my makeup.(... Hey! An oxy-moron!) Then the phone rings. Now, NO ONE-family OR friends-calls us before 10 AM unless someone has died. So I race out to the kitchen and answer. It's an emergency phone call from the City of Owatonna, warning us not to go on CR 45, Hwy 14, or drive through standing water.

Obviously, at this point, it dawns on me: WHY THE HECK WOULD I BE GOING TO SCHOOL IN A FLOOD? So I jump on the intertubes, and sure enough, my first two classes (8:00 and 10:00) are cancelled. Now, this wouldn't be TERRIBLE if it wasn't for the fact that I stayed up until 3 AM watching Robin Hood. So I'm running on-what? Three hours of sleep at best?

Anyway, that's the story of my life. On a scale of one to ten, it's AWESOME!;) If you can beat that with a better story, I'll send you a present.






No comments:

Post a Comment